Trip Inspiration


Free Word

Useful Information for your trip in Chiba

Travel Information | Visit Chiba | Latest update:2021/03/25

Traveling is a pleasurable experience, but it is also important to consider the potential hazards involved. Knowing what to do in an emergency is an important part of ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Here are some useful phone numbers to call – and websites to consult – in case of emergencies.

・When in Need of Police Assistance・
If you are involved in an accident or crime, and want to call the police, please dial “110”.

・In Case of Fire, Illness, or When in Need of Rescue・
If you spot a fire and want to call the fire department, if you want to call an ambulance for someone who is suddenly ill, or if you need help due to an accident or disaster, please call 119.

・When You get Sick in Japan・
The JNTO (Japan National Tourism Organization) operates a website where foreigners traveling in Japan can access medical information. It provides guides on how to find medical institutions in Japan, how to receive treatment at Japanese medical institutions, and which department of each institution to visit for your symptom(s). The website also provides information about travel insurance.

・Should You Have Problems While Traveling in Japan・
For travelers who have problems or questions while traveling in Japan, please call the JNTO’s Japan Visitor Hotline (050-3816-2787). Support is available in English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.

・Road Rules in Japan・
Please review this information concerning rules when walking, cycling, or driving, as well as what to do if you are involved in an accident.

↑ Page Top